Combining the Gothic and Arabic styles, this Basilica stands out for the volumetric features of its main facade. It was designed by Salesian engineer Domingos Delpiano and replaced the modest chapel built by Father Borguino, in 1884. It houses the largest Latin America’s and the world’s fifth largest pipe organ. It was built by the Italian firm Tamborini and has five manual keyboards and a foot pedal with 32 notes and 134 stops, connected by 55 kilometers of wires. It was solemnly used for the first time in 1956 by maestro Ângelo Germani, organist of Saint Peter’s Basilica (Rome), who was especially invited.
Addres: Rua Santa Rosa, 207 – Santa Rosa, NIterói
Phone: (21) 3578-9400
Daily from 6:30 am to 11:00 am and from 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Niterói Bus Lines: 35, 36,40, 43, 44, 49
Rio/Niterói Bus Lines: 703D, 750D